During menopause, symptoms such as night sweats and insomnia can take their toll on your eyes. Below are a few ways to prevent tired eyes, in addition to the launch of our NEW Stratum C Vitality Eye Serum.
- Eating an iron rich diet – green leaves, legumes and dark chocolate. Iron deficiency could be a cause of dark under eye circles.
- Don’t over pluck your eyebrows – thinning eyebrows is often a sign of ageing and can draw attention to the areas you would rather it didn’t…
- Limit your salt in take – the daily recommended intake of salt is 6g per day. Too much salt can cause water retention around the eye area.
- Edible eye patches – Most people like to use cucumber as an eye pad to help reduce puffiness, but it is also thought that sweet potatoes make a great eye remedy as they are full of anti-oxidants. Place a slice over the eye for 10 minutes in the morning after applying your Vitality Eye Serum.
- Mascara – by making your eyelashes look longer, it will open up your eyes and stop them looking so tired. Use an eye lash curler over your mascara to get even more volume.
- Make up – get a good primer to help fill in any lines before you apply any powder to the eye lid. Use your favourite concealer to cover up the under eye area, to smooth the skin and create an even skin tone.
- Eye pencil – darker eye liner can exaggerate crow’s feet so try using darker eye pencil just above the upper eye lashes, and a lighter or white pencil to highlight the lower inner eye corners to brighten any darker areas.
- Take your sunglasses everywhere – by wearing your sun glasses, you will prevent squinting in bright light – therefore reducing the impact of crows feet.
- Drink plenty of water – staying hydrated can improve the condition of your skin and help improve the circulation around the eye.
- Get the right amount of sleep – too little sleep will make you tired – but too much sleep is also not good – try getting the recommended 7 to 8 hours per night. See our tips on #30daysofsleepingwell on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Always remove your make up before bed – leaving your make up on can damage your lashes and clog your pores leading to problem skin. Use Stratum C Gentle Cleanser which uses Rose Hip Seed oil and makes for a gentle, but thorough cleanse and is great for removing make up.
- Teabag treatment – use a cold green or chamomile tea bag to rest on the eye morning or evening which can help to relieve puffiness.
- Natural Peptides – Use Stratum C Menopause Vitality Eye Serum – which contains naturally derived peptides from rice, soya and yeast proteins and helps to reduce puffiness and improve circulation, whilst also improving fine lines and wrinkles by boosting collagen. This light, sumptuous gel also contains Hyaluronic acid for added hydration and high levels of Irish Moss seaweed extract full of anti-oxidants and added skin protection.
Now you are fully equipped for tackling tired eyes. You can also follow our social network campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, where everyday we post useful tips for ways to relieve menopause symptoms. Follow us to keep updated with daily tips and also look up our previous campaign #30daysofkeepingcool and our current one, #30daysofsleepingwell.
If you have any questions about Stratum C, please get in touch via our website www.stratumc.com. Or by calling us on +44 (0) 1252 267950.